Wednesday, January 24, 2007

favorite media missing.

I would have to say that the internet is my favorite type of media. I hardly ever turn my computer off, because I like to have access to the internet whenever I want and whenever I want. I much prefer to email, rather than making a phone call or physically writing a letter. I find that I am able to keep in touch with my friends better and that I actually find different websites, such as myspace or facebook useful.
The first and most important thing about the internet is that it is efficient. I can mulitask while I sit at my computer. I am able to do my homework, talk to my friends and write emails for different orginzations that im involved with. Different websites that I visit on a daily basis are facebook, myspace and the westminster homepage for the calendar or to check my email.
If I was not able to access the internet I would feel a little annoyed. As I mentioned before, the internet is very efficient and it allows me to do more than one activity at once. Without the internet I would have to spend the time writing out letters (and taking them to the post office), finding other ways to contact my friends and do quick research. I think that many people experience the loss of internet while on vacation (especially if they are camping or visiting a place that is not wired for the internet). It is a strange feeling. I always feel disconnected from the world. I usually get the daily news from the internet as well, so I feel like i am out of the loop.
It would not be impossible to live without the internet, because clearly people survived before the internet was invented by Al Gore. I would have to find alternate means of going about my daily routine. I would probably not know what is going on with friends from high school, because I would not bother keeping in contact without using webpages such as Myspace of Facebook.

No comments: