Thursday, January 18, 2007

Media Checklist

1.) How often do you use the telephone? Who do you call most often?
-I usually use my cell phone when I need to get in contact with my friends, which is somewhere between 10-20 phone calls a day. While I am at school, I will call home occasionally to see how my family is doing. My friends are who I talk to the most.
2.) When's the last time you listened to a speech or public speaker where you were physically in the audience (not required for class)? What was it and why?
-A few weeks ago I went to church, but that is probably the only time I've listend to a speaker on a completely voluntary basis.
3.) How often do you use IM? Name two people on your buddy list or people you frequently chat with.
-I usually keep an away message up while signed onto IM, but I hardly ever talk with anyone. If I do talk to people it is either Jim or Brittany.
4.) How often do you use email?
-I use it on a daily basis. I have to email profs, friends, classmates and also different performing artists or their agents when I'm dealing with programming stuff for CPC.
5.) When's the last time you paid for music to listen to? What was it? CD? iTunes? concert?
-I probably havent paid for any music for over a year. I rarely buy CD's or go to concerts. I dont download music either; I mainly just listen to the radio or CD's that people bring/leave in my car.
6.) What's the most recent thing you've watched on TV? Why?
-I watched NEXT on MTV for the past hour. Someone else had MTV on while I was at work, so I watched it rather than doing homework.
7.) When's the last time you recorded a movie or televison program? What was it?
-My friend used my TV/VCR to record American Idol the other night because she had formal recruitment and had to miss the show.
8.) Name the most recent movie you watched for fun at the theater? DVD?
-I went to see a lot of movies over break, but the most recent one is "Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith. The last DVD I watched was called "Pulse".
9.) Name the type of radio station you last listened to & why?
-I last listened to digital 88.9 because it plays on all of the speakers in MCC.
10.) Name the most recent book you read for YOU (not a class)? Why?
-I dont think I have ever picked up a book for my own reading pleasure. I always fall asleep when I have reading assignments for class, so I dont bother reading when its not required.
11.) When was the last time you read a newspaper? Name it? Why were you reading it?
-I read the Sharon Harold today. I was looking for a new apt. for next year, but I had no success. 12.) Same question #5, but apply it to a magazine.
-I have never purchased a magazine, but I always read magazines that are laying around my apt. from my friend, Brittany. She always buys them and leaves them for me to read.
13.) When's the last time you wrote a letter and sent it?
-When I was a freshman in college, I mailed a letter to a friend who lives far away.
14.) Name a web site you frequent or have bookmarked on your browser? When's the last time you visited? Why?
-Myspace is currently pulled up on my computer. I like to talk to friends and update my page frequently.
15.) Do you have a "Myspace" or "Facebook" or blog? Why?
-I have both Myspace and Facebook, but not a blog. I like to keep in touch with my friends and look at pictures of my friends on both sites. I do not become friends with anyone I do not know, because I find most people creepy.

1 comment:

B. Weaver said...

Looks like you hit the cell phone hard every day. So what's your "fav" medium? What happens if we yank it from you?